Monday, December 12, 2011

Mix It Up Monday: Black Pencil Skirt

It may seem obvious, but a black pencil skirt will pay dividends in your wardrobe. This version is satin, a material I'm particularly fond of for its sheen and ability to make an outfit "night-out ready." 


Black Satin Pencil Skirt [Ann Taylor]
I wore this to teach one morning during Advent.
 Festive, no?
Strapless black & white plaid top [The Limited]
Ruby cardigan [JJ Basics]
Rhinestone broach [gift from Mom]
Crinkled pink top [NY & Co]
Pearls [Ann Taylor]
Sash tied into a bow [came with the skirt]
Ruffle-front button down [Gap]
Embellished grey cashmere cardigan [Gap]
Crimson purse [Coach]
Color swirled halter [The Limited]
Kiwi cardigan [Ann Taylor]
Berry shell [Ann Taylor]
Patterned cardigan [LOFT]
Lace trimmed cami [Old Navy]
Argyle cardigan [Cherokee]
Teal diamond patterned cami [gift from Derek]
White fitted blazer [Ann Taylor]
Lilac opalescent flat pearls [gift from Mom]
Toffee shimmer/rouched top [gift from Vicki]
I call the necklace my "Jasmine Necklace" [gift from Mom;
I kept stealing borrowing hers, so she bought me my own!]
The necklace contains black and gold,
making it the glue that holds a shimmery
brown-tone top & black skirt together. 


5 comments:

  1. i love all of these outfits! i always look forward to when you post a new one all the time haha, would pumps be a good shoe choice for these outfits?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the combo with the pink shirt and pearls - so classy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These outfits are so helpful! I always need help knowing which clothing "staples" to buy. I think I need to find myself a black pencil skirt now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee, yes pumps would be a great choice! I've added a photo of shoes I've worn with some of these outfits so you can see my picks...

    Thanks Aubrey!

    Faith--so glad you're enjoying the posts! Happy shopping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for debunking the "you can't wear black with brown" myth. I always wonder about that. Again, thank you so much for sharing your gift. This takes so much pressure off of me when I go shopping. I even scroll through your blogs when I am at the store to make sure I am not committing fashion suicide.

    ReplyDelete