Thursday, January 24, 2013

Jewelry With a Story: Part 1

I love jewelry with a story. So here's part one of a new installment on this blog: the details behind some of my most favorite accessories. Over time, expect to see pieces I snagged from my mom, Pandora bracelets, and special-occasion milestone gifts. 

The necklace below was a gift from my parents after Piper was born. My mom and I went to Jillie Jacks, one of my favorite shops in Old Elk Grove, just two days after I gave birth to create this little treasure. We had a great time picking out each of the little charms to signify my little girl's birthday:


  • tiny pink footprints
  • tiny pink handprints
  • a heart that says "daughter"
  • a gold heart with the November birthstone, Topaz
  • a little girl with a topaz dress
  • a pink purse because that's the first toy she received
  • and Piper Jade's initials
Each time I wear this necklace I receive compliments on it...I enjoy sharing its significance with everyone from the bagger at the grocery store to everyone in our pediatrician's office!

Charmed, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment